Archive for Award
The Sag Awards, or Screen Actor Guild Awards, could have taken on a new meaning from one of the nominee’s tonight, the sagging career of Mickey Rourke seems to have gotten a face lift.
Being nominated for Outstanding Performance by a Best Male Actor in a Leading Role as Randy in The Wrestler, Rourke may yet again, walk away with another little bobble to put on his fire place.
I say rock on Rourke, it’s good to see someone pick themselves up by the bootstraps and get back in the game, no matter the rumors that have flown around for years. The daunting pictures of a not so well preserved Rourke.
It was obvious at the Golden Globes he was stunned to have won, I thought he was quite gracious, stating he was not a good speaker in public, acknowledging the Director that had to fight for him to be in this role, since his name was not worth anything.
Bad Boys & Underdogs, I guess I am a sucker for both, bruised, beaten and almost a has been in the film industry – let’s hope Rourke knocks ’em out again. He may not be pretty, but he’s still got it!.
Carol over at She-Lives tagged me yesterday and I didn’t even know it.. I gather I am supposed to tell you six boring or quirky things about me… and then in turn tag some other good folks to continue the circle.
1. I talk to my mother every day – sometimes 3-4 times
2. I thought school was a social event – no time for studies, but passed with extra credits
3. I wanted nothing to do with typing – EVER – until mom made me go back to school and learn, now I type over 90-120 words a minute.
4. I have a total obsession with Stevie Ray Vaughan – I am sure you would never have guessed that one
5. I could never pick up a snake
6. I used to be wild & crazy and loved the Bad Boys – which still – Long Hair, Rockin’ 80’s, if I could I’d be groupie! Yeah.. that’s me below this line………………………………………….. on my way to Laughlin Nevada with some friends.. I ended up getting kicked out of the casino – cuz I was under-AGE.. THE HORROR
With the fact that Quirky is in the title of the facts we must tell, I so all over Quirky Jessi – who I met at bloggeries forum – I’d truly love to get some answers out of Crochety Old Man, Mandy and I’ll throw this out there for Frank – because if I didn’t he would Paddle My Balls – Oh.. I don’t have any!!!.
I would like to thank some very kind people, who while I was away on vacation nominated me for the Arte Y Pico Award
Mandy from Texas Medical Freak whose blog is a great wealth of medical knowledge and her life’s lessons through all it all. Blessings to you Mandy!
Noel from Designer’s Depot who has a wonderful blog and shares a wealth of knowledge and gives exposure to some wonderful artists.
Upon winning this award you are tasked with the following rules…
- You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language
- Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
- Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
- Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte y Pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award. http://arteypico.blogspot.com
My nominations go to……..
Ty Hurd – Tysblog.com this is a guy that I originally ran across on Entrecard and took the time to teach me a few tricks. This is a blog that get’s updated frequently and Ty is always willing to help out a stranger. Rock on Ty!
Animals Need Help – Stacy has put her heart and soul into this particular subject matter, a great resource and full of information on a variety of matters that are going on around us on animal abuse and how we can help save them.
Bruce and Stacy – over at BruceandStacy.com, I can’t sum up what an incredible help this guy has been to me over the last six months, willing to teach and educate and a real bloggers unite success story, literally and I don’t say that lightly. More details at a later date – 🙂
Benny Greenburg over at Ya-ttitude is a wonderful daily read full of inspiration information and self awareness ideas. It is mind boggling, but it’s also mind nurturing.
Eunice over at Travelerfolio has a great photo blog and shares some stunning images
It’s quite hard to sum up just five – but these have been on my top radar lately
Thanks again Mandy & Noel.
I am now supposed to pass it along – and nominate 10 of my own.
I am re-adding Mandy – if you haven’t visited her blog yet!
Texas Medical Freak – Her medical journey and very useful information pertaining to medical conditions that plague so many. Met Mandy on Entrecard – loyal reader!
I can has cheezburger – Great pictures – great fun – just worth the daily laughs
Station Amotica – hilarious adventures and just plain old fun things going on
Bloggeries – a place that I have learned so much through his forum
Heavens Graphics – A beautiful blog with alot of graphics for download and some beautiful work. Someone who came to my blog because of the Stevie Ray Vaughan Card.
Saphyrm – a personal journey regarding weight loss, as well as so much more
Sue Ellen Cowan – My Art Club – another self taught artist that has such beautiful work
Guitar Players Center – spectacular reviews, and offerings for anyone that is into music
The Dog House – Useful information for dog lovers and with alot of great information that we don’t normally think of on a day to day basis
Knot Gypsy Designs – beautiful beads and knotted jewelry – quite a crafter, and a person who reached out at the very begining of my blogging experience to lend advice!
Soul to Soul